Left side lighhouses

Steps to owning

Steps to owning a LiFEHOUSE

Step 1.   Selecting the LiFEHOUSE that suits you and your budget:

• Select the LiFEHOUSE floor plan that suits your family’s needs.
• Select the LiFEHOUSE cladding option (cement sheet, Eco-ply or shiplap timber boards) that you like.
• Consider any extra modules you might need, either now or later (for discussion in our first meeting).

Step 2.   First meeting:

An initial meeting with us ensures the LiFEHOUSE you’ve selected suits your site and family’s needs (as above).  Bring a ‘Copy of Title’ or measurements of your land, photos of the property, and an outline of your budget.  Planning and other statutory requirements specific to your site will be discussed at this meeting. 

Step 3.   The design concept:

We will prepare a design concept to ensure your LiFEHOUSE suits your brief and the site.

Step 4.   Second meeting:

At a second meeting, we will present you with the concept design and related information and an estimate of probable costs will be outlined.

Step 5.   The documentation:

We will prepare the final LiFEHOUSES Design + Documentation package.  Upon completion, we hand over the completed package to you, for issue to builders for pricing and/or application for appropriate permits and approvals (see below). 

Should you require any additional consultation or meetings, our time will be charged at an hourly rate of $150.00. Meetings on site can be arranged - travel costs may apply.

See Cost + fee structures for details

Site considerations:

We understand that each site will vary and will require resolution of specific issues related to permits and approvals.  While we do not allow for resolution of these elements in our Design + Documentation package, we are happy to carry out these tasks on your behalf on an hourly rate basis. We will discuss these requirements in the first meeting with you.

All sites will require the following:

The following form part of Building Approval permit requirements; we will require these reports prior to commencing final documentation.

•  Energy rating provided by an accredited energy rater
•  BAL rating (Bushfire Attack Level): provided by a Registered Building Practitioner
•  Soil test: provided by a Geotechnical Engineer
•  Structural Engineering: provided by a Structural Engineer

Some sites may require the following:

•  Septic permit: for unsewered sites - issued by the Health Department of your Council
•  Land Capability Assessment: provided by a Geotechnical Engineer
•  Planning Permit: issued by the Planning Department of your local Council
•  Feature survey: provided by a Licensed Surveyor to establish contours and other features of the building site